Play Free Poker With a Secure Password
Any time you exchange personal information on the Internet it is important to do so in a secure environment. PokerStars does everything in their power to ensure the safety and security necessary to enjoy the poker action at the tables. There are certain things that you should do to protect yourself also. Here are a few tips to keep you PokerStars account secure.
Keeping Your PokerStars Account Secure
The most important guideline is to never share your PokerStars password with anyone. PokerStars will only ask for your password when you are logging into the software, so that is the only place it should ever be entered or used. PokerStars will never ask you to send your password to us, and you should never send it to us or anyone else. Please remember that password security is your responsibility.
The best guideline is to treat your PokerStars account just like your bank account. Anyone that gains access to your password can log in to your account and withdraw any funds you have. Here are some additional guidelines:
- Don't write your password down where anyone can find it.
- Don't make your password something obvious that will be easy to guess. Don't use your name, your birthdate, or any other simple phrase.
- Do change your password often.
- Don't leave your account logged on, as anyone who comes along if you step away can access your account.
- Don't use the "Remember Password" option in the login screen if others can access your computer. This is particular important in offices and college dorms.
- Don't fall prey to scams and hustles where others want to access your account. If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.