Mobile Support & FAQ
Coming soon to iPhone® and iPad®!
- How to Download PokerStars.net Mobile Edition and other Apps
- Getting Started on PokerStars.net Mobile Edition
- Mobile Connection Issues
- More about PokerStars.net Mobile Edition
- Contacting PokerStars Mobile Support
- Opting Out From Mobile Marketing and Communications
- Where and how can I get PokerStars.net Mobile Edition and other Apps?
- • PokerStars.net Mobile Edition is available for Android™ devices. The PokerStars TV and Clock Apps are available for Apple® devices. You can download eligible Mobile Poker apps directly from the App Storesm, and for Android devices from here.
- What devices are supported?
- PokerStars.net Mobile Edition runs on Android™, while the PokerStars TV and Clock Apps work on iOS devices. See below for details.
PokerStars.net Mobile Edition is not currently available on iOS. Other Apps will work on iOS 4.1.x or higher for the following devices:
- iPhone® 3G S
- iPhone® 4
- iPhone® 4S
- iPad® 2
- iPad® 3
- iPod touch® 4th Generation
- iPhone® 5
- iPad® 4
To find out what operating system is on your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® please follow these steps:
- Access the ‘Settings’ button on the Home screen
- press ‘General’
- Go to ‘About’
If you need to update your iOS, connect your device to your PC and update via iTunes®.
PokerStars.net Mobile Edition will work on Android™ devices running Android™ 2.2 and above, with a minimum screen resolution of 800x480.
To find out what operating system is on your Android™ device, please follow these steps (or follow the device manufacturer's instructions):
- Access the ‘Settings’ button on the Home screen
- Go to ‘About Phone’
- Select ‘Software Information’
If you need to update your Android™ operating system, check for 'Software Updates' or follow the device manufacturer's instructions.
- Does PokerStars.net Mobile Edition work on all Android devices?
- No. The app is designed only for mobile devices running Android™ 2.2 and above, with a minimum screen resolution of 800x480. Compatible devices include (but are not limited to):
- Samsung Galaxy
- Galaxy Nexus
- Motorola Droid RAZR
- HTC Sensation
- HTC Desire
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X13
- Acer Liquid A1
- Are the PokerStars Mobile applications free?
- Yes, all of the PokerStars Mobile applications are free to download and use. However, some of our Apps use data for which you may be charged (please see below).
- Do I need a data plan (internet) to use the PokerStars Mobile apps?
- PokerStars.net Mobile Edition and the PokerStars TV App require you to have a data (internet) connection on your mobile device. The PokerStars Clock is a standalone App and doesn't need a data connection for you to run it.
We recommend that you review your mobile operator contract details, or contact your mobile network provider to find out more about the fees and your current data plan.
- I cannot connect to the internet, what should I do?
- Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Airplane Mode Off: Make sure that the “Airplane Mode” is turned off by going to ‘Settings’ > ‘Airplane Mode’.
- Internet Connection: Check that you have a connection to the Internet. To do this, determine if you have one of the following icons at the top of your screen:
Icon Connection Type Cellular data network (UMTS/EV-DO) Cellular data network
(EDGE for GSM models only)
Cellular data network (GPRS/1xRTT) Wi-Fi
- Your device will display the Wi-Fi icon or one of the cellular data network icons if your device has an active network connection.
If you are using Wi-Fi, you won't see a cellular data network indicator unless you turn off Wi-Fi.
- Restart: The next step is to restart your Android™ device.
Android™ devices: Use the 'Restart' function on your device if available (this can be found on the 'Power options' menu, which can be accessed by holding down the power button), or simply power off the device and then turn it back on.
- Check for Updates: If the connection problem continues after restarting, check if you are using the latest version of the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition app. To do this, go to the 'More' section and select 'About PokerStars'. To update any of the PokerStars Apps on your Android™ device, see below.
Android™ devices: Go to the ‘More’ section of the application and use the ‘Check for Updates’ button.
- Reinstall Application: If all the above fails, follow these instructions to reinstall the application on your device.
- To backup the application data, connect your device to your computer and follow the device manufacturer's instructions to perform a sync.
- Once the sync is complete, go to 'Settings' > 'Applications' > 'Manage Applications'. Select the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition application and follow the instructions to 'Uninstall'.
- Reinstall PokerStars.net Mobile Edition. To do this, download the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition App again using the Download Wizard or another method provided on this site.
Contact Support: If the problem continues, please contact support with a detailed report about your connection problem, including any error messages you are given, what mobile device you are using, and Android™ version you are running.
- How do I create an account or register to play using the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition App?
- To play in the application, you will need a PokerStars account.
If you already have an account but cannot remember your log in details, please email support with your full name and address, as well as your PokerStars User ID, and we will help you get back in the game.
Whenever possible, you should email us using the email address which has been registered and validated on your PokerStars account. This allows us to access your account information and give you the most accurate response.
Please note that if you already have a PokerStars account, you will need to use that account to play from the mobile application. You are not allowed to create a new account.
If you do not have a PokerStars account, you can create one using the desktop PokerStars platform. To do this, please visit http://www.pokerstars.net/ from your computer. You can also create a PokerStars account directly in the Mobile Poker App. Simply press the ‘Need an Account?’ button when it displays in a pop-up window, and follow the easy steps.
- What connection do I need?
- You can play using a Wi-Fi or 3G connection. However, we recommend using a Wi-Fi connection whenever possible.
- Where can I play?
- Once you have a registered PokerStars account from which you can login, you can play on PokerStars.net Mobile Edition from anywhere in the world (excluding the United States).
- Can I play Zoom poker games with PokerStars.net Mobile Edition?
- Zoom games are currently available for Android™ devices. To find Zoom Poker games, simply select ‘Lobby’ from the home screen, press the Zoom tab, select your game type and either select 'Play Now' or 'Show Games'.
- How many Zoom tables can I play?
- You can currently play three Zoom tables
- How do I ‘Fold & Watch’ in a Zoom hand?
- When it is your turn to act, simply hold down the Fold button until your cards are folded. You will be able to watch the hand play out, or select 'New Hand' to get dealt a new hand.
- Why can't I see my images on Zoom tables?
- We do not currently support images on Zoom tables.
- What Languages can I play PokerStars.net Mobile Edition in?
- PokerStars.net Mobile Edition is available in the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazilian & Portuguese)
- What is the search option for?
- The search option allows you to search for players who are currently sitting at the tables, and for specific tournaments by their unique tournament number.
Also, the 'Registered in Tournaments' button provides you with the list of tournaments in which you are currently registered.
- How do I reload play money?
- To reload or top up your chips, simply press 'Menu' > 'Add More Chips' while sitting at a table.
- Why do I get asked for my location?
- This is required by the regulations under which we operate.
- Are there any features currently unavailable on the Mobile Poker application?
- Yes, not all features available on the desktop version of PokerStars are available on PokerStars.net Mobile Edition. These include:
- Home Games
- The ability to change account information such as your mailing address, password, phone numbers and date of birth.
- Login Security Settings
- Requests such as Tournament History, Statistics, Play Money Transfers
- Options such as Preferred Seat, VIP Status Display Options, Bet Slider Options, BOOM! Hand Sharing, Always Decline Rematch Requests
- What are the differences between games available on Mobile Poker and those on the computer-based software?
- All Hold'em, Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo games are available on the Mobile application. When playing in the Mobile application, you will also be playing with the same pool of players as you do when using your computer.
- If I use the 'Contact Support' feature, can you reply to an email address other than my PokerStars registered email address?
- No. PokerStars policy states that we can only provide account information to the account's registered email address.
- Can I change the PokerStars Registered Email address using the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition application?
- If you wish to change your PokerStars account registered email address, you will need to do so from the desktop software version.
To do so, log in and click on 'Account' > 'Change Account' > 'Change Email Address' and follow the instructions given.
- How does the 'Play Now' feature work?
- Clicking the 'Play Now' button takes you to a table where you can start playing immediately. This will be the same type of table as the last table you opened and will match your table selection filters (on the lobby screen).
- Can I multi-table?
- Yes, you can play up to four tables on Android™.
- Can I request hand histories of the hands I have played?
- You can review the last hand you played by clicking the 'Previous' button which is visible when you are seated at the table. From the ‘More’ menu, you can also click ‘Hand History’ to get a hand history or click ‘Playing History Audit’ for a playing history audit.
- Can I continue playing my game if I switch from one device to another? How do I switch from computer to Mobile or from Mobile to computer?
- To switch between devices, simply log out from one device and then log in using the other.
Please note that you can only be logged into your PokerStars account from one device at any given time.
Ring Games: You cannot continue or transfer a ring game session from one device to another. You will have to leave any tables at which you're sitting, and return to them after logging back in. Note that you might lose your seat while switching between devices and will also be removed from any waiting lists when you log out.
Tournaments: If you're playing in a tournament, you will continue to be playing in that tournament when you switch devices. You may need to sit out a few hands while you log out from one device and log back in to another. The number of hands missed will depend on the time taken to switch devices and the speed of the tourney.
Note that if you're playing a tournament and move from the desktop software to a mobile device, you will need to take your seat again once you log into the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition app. To do this, go to the 'Search' section, click on 'Registered in Tournaments', select the tournament in question, and click 'Take my seat'.
- My mobile was stolen – what should I do? Do I need to block my PokerStars account?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible from your registered PokerStars email address, providing your name and User ID and any relevant details you can supply.
- How secure is playing with the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition application?
- All communications between our software running on players' computers and our servers is encrypted. There are several security features built into the Mobile app to help reduce risks. For example, you cannot save your password on your mobile device, so anyone who does not know the password cannot log into your account unauthorized.
For more information about our security features, visit the PokerStars Security page.
- Will I experience lag or disconnections while playing poker on my mobile device?
- The internet is a peer-to-peer network, which means that information flowing between your computer or mobile device and the game server must pass through several 'peer' machines (8 to 24 or more). These machines do not belong to PokerStars or your internet service provider (ISP), but your connection depends on them. If any of these peer machines is having trouble, you may experience a temporary lag or disconnect.
Your email and certain sites may continue to function when there is a brief PokerStars connectivity problem. That's because some sites may have a shorter or different network path to your device than PokerStars does.
Also note that it can take your mobile device up to 90 seconds to reconnect when switching between a 3G and Wi-Fi connection. During that time, you will be disconnected from the server if you are logged in. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you sit out from any tables before switching networks.
- What happens if I answer a phone call while playing? Or click the Home button to send Mobile Poker to the background?
- Answering a phone call will send the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition app to the background. If you answered a phone call and wish to return to the game, you will need to manually restart the app. Any time the application is sent to the background, this action will sit you out automatically at the tables. If you don't return to the application in 20 minutes, you will be disconnected from the server due to inactivity.
- Which connection is better, Wi-Fi or 3G?
- In any circumstance where you have reliable Wi-Fi, using it should provide a much more stable connection than a 3G connection.
If you are on the move, using 3G access is more appropriate. However, 3G signals may drop if you are travelling away from metropolitan areas and you may be charged fees by your 3G service provider for the amount of data you use.
To enable the Wi-Fi connection, go to 'Settings' > 'Wi-Fi' on your Apple device, or 'Settings' > 'Wireless & networks' > 'Wi-Fi' on your Android™ and turn on the connection.
- How much data is downloaded and uploaded while playing?
- The amount of traffic sent to and from the PokerStars.net Mobile Edition app depends on many factors, including how busy the site is and whether you keep the main lobby displayed on your device (displaying the lobby increases traffic).
Once you're in a game, you can expect an average 10K download and 5K upload per minute. These amounts may vary with the speed of the game.
If you play one table for an hour, you will likely use a bit less than 1MB download and 500KB upload.
Please watch out for overage fees associated with using too much bandwidth during a monthly billing period. Your mobile network provider should inform you when data limits are being reached. On iOS devices, you can track your data usage by going to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Usage' > 'Mobile Data Network'. The 'Sent' amount will be your data uploaded and the 'Received' amount will be your data downloaded.
Note that unlimited cell phone data plans are offered by some service providers - these are recommended for heavy online mobile players.
- Where can I send feedback or suggestions?
- We really appreciate the time players put into providing us with feedback and suggestions to improve our products. Please send your feedback about PokerStars Mobile Apps to email@example.com and we will be more than happy to review it.
- How do I opt out from PokerStars Mobile text (SMS) message marketing and communications?
- To opt out, please complete the Mobile Marketing Opt Out form available here.
Back to Mobile main page.
Apple®, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch® and iTunes® are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store℠ is a service mark of Apple® Inc.
Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.